Tutor information is taken from the Module Catalogue
The Following is a recommended reading and resource list; students are also encouraged to search for other reading resources available within the library.
Barnes, V. (2018). Child-centred social work : theory and practice . London: Palgrave.
- Basarab-Horwath, J. (2007). Child neglect : identification and assessment . New York: Palgrave.
Beckett, C. (2007) Child protection: An Introduction. 2nd edition. London, Thousand Oaks, New Dehli, Sage Publications
- Brammer, A. (2015). Social work law (Fourth edition.). Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson Education Limited.
Canavan, J, Dolan, P & Pinkerton, J (eds.) (2000), Family support : direction from diversity, London: Jessica Kingsley
- Crane, J. (2018). Child protection in England, 1960-2000 : expertise, experience, and emotion. Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Crawford, A., & L’Hoiry, X. (2015). Partnerships in the Delivery of Policing and Safeguarding Children. Centre for Criminal Justice Studies.
Featherstone, B., Morris, K., & White, S. (2014). Re-imagining child protection: Towards humane social work with families (pp. 1–185). https://doi.org/10.1332/policypress/9781447308027.001.0001
Featherstone, B & Evans, H (2004) Children experiencing maltreatment : who do they turn to? NSPCC
Featherstone, B & Dolan, P (2010) Family support : what is family support ?/ Brid Featherstone.? Highlight: NCB
Ferguson, H. (2011) Child protection practice. Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan.
Frost, N, Lloyd, A & Jeffery, L (eds) (2003) The RHP companion to family support, RHP, Lyme Regis
- Goodyear-Brown, P. (2012). Handbook of child sexual abuse identification, assessment and treatment . Hoboken, N.J: Wiley.
Hendrick, H. (1994) Child welfare : England, 1872-1989, England 1872-1989, London, Routledge
Lindon J (2008) Safeguarding Children and Young People : child protection 0-18 years. Bristol, Arnold.
- Munro, E. (2002). Effective child protection . London: Sage Publications.
- Munro, E. (2007). Child protection . London ;: SAGE.
Parton N, (2005), Safeguarding childhood : early intervention and surveillance in a late modern society, London Palgrave
- Parton, N. (Ed. ). (2015). Contemporary Developments in Child Protection. MDPI AG - Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute.
- Rees, G. (2011). Adolescent neglect : research, policy and practice . London: Jessica Kingsley.
- Stafford, A. (2012). Child Protection Systems in the United Kingdom: A Comparative Analysis. Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Walker, J., & Crawford, K. (2017). Social work & human development. (5th edition / Janet Walker.). London: Learning Matters, an imprint of SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Warner, J. (2015). The emotional politics of social work and child protection (pp. 1–208). https://doi.org/10.1332/policypress/9781447318422.001.0001
Wilson and James (eds) (2007) ‘The Child Protection Handbook’ Third Edition London, Balliere Tindall
- Wolfe, D., & Mcisaac, C. (2010). Distinguishing between Poor / Dysfunctional Parenting and Child Emotional Maltreatment. Retrieved from http://deslibris.ca/ID/227117
Wolmar, C. (2000) Forgotten children : the secret abuse scandal in children's homes, London, Vision Paperbacks
http://www.gov.uk Government website for all official reports
http://www.childrenscommissioner.gov.uk Children’s Commissioner site for children
http://www.jrf.org.uk Joseph Rowntree Trust
http://nspcc.org.uk NSPCC and Childline
http://www.ncb.org.uk National Children’s Bureau- A charity working with and for children
This list was last updated on 18/09/2019