Dr KJ Wu
Tutor information is taken from the Module Catalogue
Introduction to Process Engineering CAPE1010
The list below is not an exhaustive list of publications but will be adequate for the course.
All the resource material needed for this part of the module is contained in these notes and in the associated lectures given. However, for those seeking further information, the following references might be of interest.
The Chemical Process Industries, R.N. Shreve, McGraw-Hill, 1945 Disaster Piper Alpha, http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/disaster/piper.htm
- Modern organic chemistry, R O C Norman and D J Waddington, Bell and Hyman, 1984
- Optical Isomers, in Chemistry, Karen Timberlake, Harper and Row, 1988, p438
- Core references on botulism: M O’Mahony et al, Epidemiology and infection. ISSN: 0950-2688 104 (1990) 389-395; M. R. Critchley et al, Lancet October 7 (1989) 849-853.
- Safety Auditing, IChemE Training Package Number 31, 1998
- Food Processing and Preservation, contributed by Elzbieta Sarnowska-Temeriusz, Microsoft® Encarta® 96 Encyclopaedia. © 1993-1995 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. © Funk & Wagnalls Corporation. All rights reserved
- Biotechnology for engineers : biological systems in technological processes ISBN: 0745802265, Alan Scragg (Ed), Ellis Horwood, Chichester, 1988
- The Chemical industry ISBN: 0216918030 (pbk), Alan Heaton (Ed), Blackie Academic & Professional, London, 1994
- Fermented Beverage Production, A.G.H. Lea, J.R. Piggott (Eds), Blackie Academic & Professional, London, 1995
- Chemicals by Fermentation, S. J. Gutcho, Noyes Data Corporation, Park Ridge NJ, 1973
- Biochemical reactors ISBN: 0850860423, B. Atkinson, Pion Ltd, 1974
- Major chemical hazards. ISBN: 0135435390, V C Marshall, Ellis Horwood, Chichester, 1987
- P.N. Sharratt (Ed.), Handbook of batch process design ISBN: 0751403695, Blackie Academic, London 1997
- R.T. Morrison and R.N. Boyd, Organic Chemistry, 5th Edition, Allyn and Bacon, Boston, 1987
- A. Heaton, The Chemical industry ISBN: 0216918030 (pbk), Blackie Academic, London 1986
- C.N. Banwell and E.M McCash, Fundamentals of Molecular Spectroscopy, McGraw-Hill Book Company, London.
This list was last updated on 23/10/2017