Dr V Dupont
Tutor information is taken from the Module Catalogue
Reading list for Part B of CAPE5421M, Atmospheric Pollution: Impacts and Controls,
Prof Alison Tomlin
- Understanding our environment, Ed. R.M. Harrison, RSC,1999, Chapters 2,7,8.
- Current edition - An Introduction to Pollution Science, Ed. R.M. Harrison, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2006.
- Air Pollution Control Engineering, N. De Nevers, McGraw Hill, 2000.
- Pollution, causes effects & control, Ed. R.M. Harrison, 1990, Chapters 7,8,10,11,13
- Atmospheric Pollution (History, science and regulation), M.Z. Jacobson, Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- Atmospheric chemistry and physics of air pollution ISBN: 0471828572, J.H. Seinfeld, 1986 + newer editions. (note this text is highly detailed and many parts are beyond the level you need but it is a good reference text).
- Burroughs, W.J., Climate Change: a multidisciplinary approach, 2001, Cambridge University Press (CUP), + new edition in 2007.
- Danny Harvey L.D., Global warming : the hard science ISBN: 0582381673, 2000, Pearson
- Ian Plimer, Heaven + earth : global warming : the missing science ISBN: 9780704371668 : £25.00; 0704371669 : £25.00, Quartet, 2009 (the sceptics viewpoint!)
- Birks, Mackay et al. (Eds), Global change in the Holocene, Hodder Arnold, 2003
- Graedel & Crutzen, Atmospheric change : an Earth system perspective ISBN: 0716723344; 0716723328 (pbk), Freeman, 1993
- Houghton, Global Warming, 3rd. Ed., CUP, 2004
- The IPCC 5th report. Please consult at least the summary for policy makers: http://www.ipcc.ch/ Referred to throughout as AR5 (IPCC, 2013)
It is not essential to read all these books. The lecture notes themselves contain the information you need. Consult the additional reading materials when you feel you require additional information or a different perspective than offered in the lecture notes. You may also consult research papers which are referred to within the notes for more details.
This list was last updated on 23/09/2019