Tutor information is taken from the Module Catalogue
Key Course Texts:
Beesley, Paula. Watts, Melanie. Harrison, Mary. 2018. Developing your communication skills in social work ISBN: 9781473975873 (pbk.) : £22.99; 9781473975866 (hbk.) : £65.00; 9781526417763 (ePub ebook) : £17.99 . London: Sage
Thompson, Neil.2015. People Skills (4th Edition). London: Palgrave.
- Coleman, P et al (Editors).(Third Ed) 2014) The handbook of conflict resolution: theory and practice ISBN: 9780787980580 (hbk.) : £47.50; 0787980587 (hbk.) : £47.50. San Fransisco. Jossey-Bass
- Davies, H. (2015) Understanding children's personal lives and relationships. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Dolan, S. (2007). Stress, self-esteem, health, and work. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Donnelly,E and Neville,L. 2008. Communication and interpersonal skills ISBN: 9781906052065 (pbk.); 1906052069 (pbk.) Health and Social Care: Knowledge and Skills , Oxford: Lantern Publishing
- Dunhill, A. 2009.Effective communication and engagement with children and young people, their families and carers ISBN: 9781844452651 (pbk.) : £22.00; 1844452654 (pbk.) : £22.00. London: Sage.
- Edwards, R., Mauthner, M. and Hadfield, L. (2005) ‘Children’s Sibling Relationships and Gendered Practices: Talk, Activity and Dealing with Change’, Gender and education. , 17 (5): 499-513.
- Edwards, R., Hadfield, L., Lucey, H. and Mauthner, M. (2006) Sibling identity and relationships : sisters and brothers , London: Routledge.
- Jamieson, L. and Highet, G. (2013) ‘Troubling loss? Children’s experiences of major disruptions in family life’, in J. Ribbens McCarthy, C.A. Hooper and V.Gillies (eds) Family troubles? : exploring changes and challenges in family lives of children and young people , Bristol: Policy Press, pp.135-150.
- Hasson, Gill.2015. Brilliant communication skills ISBN: 9781292081076; 1292081074. Harlow: Pearson Education Ltd.
- Hargie, Owen.2017. Skilled Interpersonal Communication (6th Ed). London: Routledge.
- Koprowska, J. 2014. Communication and Interpersonal Skills in Social Work, London: Sage.
- Matthew M. Martin, Carolyn M. Anderson, Katherine S. Thweatt, Aggressive Communication Traits and Their Relationships with the Cognitive Flexibility Scale and the Communication Flexibility Scale Journal of Social Behavior and Personality, 1998, Vol. 13, No. 3, 531-540. - Available online: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/287681204_Aggressive_communication_traits_and_their_relationships_with_the_Cognitive_Flexibility_Scale_and_the_Communication_Flexibility_Scale
- McCoglan, M., McMullin, C. (Eds).2017. Doing relationship-based social work : a practical guide to building relationships and enabling change. London: Jessica Kingsley. (Chapters 1,2,8). Available electronically: https://www.dawsonera.com/readonline/9781784502560
- O'Toole, Gjyn. 2012. Communication : core interpersonal skills for health professionals ISBN: 9780729541008 (pbk.) : £38.99; 0729541002 (pbk.) : £38.99 (2nd ed) London : Elsevier, Available online Electronic book (DawsonERA)
- Ribbens McCarthy, J. (2006) Young people's experiences of loss and bereavement : towards an interdisciplinary approach, Maidenhead: Open University Press.
- Smith, P. (2014) Understanding school bullying : its nature and prevention strategies , London: Sage.
- Thompson, N. 2011.Effective communication : a guide for the people professions ISBN: 9780230243507 (pbk.) : £19.99; 0230243509 (pbk.) : £19.99 2nd ed, London:Palgrave
- Trinder, L. (2009) What might children mean by a ‘meaningful relationship? Journal of family studies . 15 (1): 20-35.
This list was last updated on 06/01/2019