Dr Sara Ramos Pinto
Tutor information is taken from the Module Catalogue
Bowker, L. 2002. Computer-aided translation technology : a practical introduction. Ottawa: University of Ottawa Press.
Chan, Sin-Wai. Ed. 2015. Routledge encyclopedia of translation technology Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.
Chan, Sin-wai. 2017. The future of translation technology: towards a world without Babel. Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.
Munday, J. Ed. 2009. The Routledge companion to translation studies.Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge.
Somers, H. ed. 2003. Computers and translation: a translator's guide. Amsterdam, Philadelphia : J. Benjamins Pub. Co.
BS EN ISO 17100:2015: Translation Services. Requirements for translation services.
ISO/DIS 18587 Translation services - Post-editing of machine translation output – Requirements. Available online: https://www.iso.org/standard/62970.html
ASTM F2575 Standard Guide for Quality Assurance in Translation. Available online: https://www.astm.org/Standards/F2575.htm
ISO 12616:2002 Translation-oriented terminography. Available online: https://bsol.bsigroup.com/Bibliographic/BibliographicInfoData/000000000030082279
ISO 22128:2008 Terminology products and services -- Overview and guidance Available online: https://www.iso.org/standard/34882.html
ISO 29383:2010 Terminology policies -- Development and implementation Available online: https://www.iso.org/standard/53787.html
ISO 860:2007 Terminology work -- Harmonization of concepts and terms Available online: https://www.iso.org/standard/40130.html
ISO 704:2009 Terminology work -- Principles and methods Available online: https://www.iso.org/standard/38109.html
ISO 11669-2012 Translation projects — General guidance Available online: https://www.iso.org/standard/50687.html
* Common Sense Advisory: http://www.commonsenseadvisory.com/
* European Commission Publications on translation, language and linguistic issues
Ethnologue: Languages of the World (The Summer Institute of Linguistics): https://www.ethnologue.com/
IBM Globalization Resources: https://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/
* TAUS: https://www.taus.net/
Technical writing & general translation resources: http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/magazine/index.html
The International Standards Association: http://www.iso.ch/
* The Unicode Consortium: http://unicode.org/
* The World Wide Web Consortium on Localization: http://www.w3.org/International/
Framework for the Evaluation of Machine Translation: http://www.isi.edu/natural-language/mteval/
International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation: http://www.lrec-conf.org/
Tools Garage (free downloads of trial versions of translation tools): http://www.lai.com/tg.html
Translation Commons: https://translationcommons.org/
Relevant blogs and newsletters
* Globally Speaking Radio: excellent podcast on the latest developments in the Language Services Industry.
* Jost Zetzsche's extremely useful newsletter: https://web.archive.org/web/20160818194125/http://www.internationalwriters.com/toolkit/
* Kevin Lossner outstanding blog on translation technology: Translation Tribulations
Ricardo Schiaffino's professional blog: http://aboutranslation.blogspot.com/
Payment Practices (a subscription-based directory of company payment track record for the translation industry): http://www.paymentpractices.net
Translation Directory (some information requires a subscription): https://www.translationdirectory.com/
* Translation Times, a blog written by the authors of "The Entrepreneurial Linguist: The Business-School Approach to Freelance Translation". Apart from excellent advice on starting up and dealing with customers, it also contains a useful list of translation blogs: http://translationtimes.blogspot.com/.
This list was last updated on 02/10/2018