Dr. Stephen Pearson
Tutor information is taken from the Module Catalogue
* = Most recommended
* Bell, J. 2014. Doing your research project: a guide for first-time researchers in education, health and social science . 6th edition. Maidenhead, Open University Press
* Davies, MB. 2007. Doing a successful research project : using qualitative or quantitative methods. New York, Palgrave Macmillan
* Module 12 in Varkevisser C.M. et al. Designing and conducting health systems research projects. Geneva: WHO IDRC, 2003. (Links to Vol 1 & Vol 2 )
Walliman, N. 2005. Your research project: a step-by-step guide for the first-time researcher. 2nd ed. London: Sage.
Usherwood, T. 1996. Introduction to project management in health research : a guide for new researchers. Buckingham: Open University Press.
Luck, M. 1999. Your student research project. Aldershot: Gower.
LearnHigher. 2011. Report writing - resources for students. Available from: http://archive.learnhigher.ac.uk/Students/Report-writing.html
Burnard, P. 2004. Writing a qualitative research report. Nurse education today. 24(3): 174-9.
WHO Regional Office for the West Pacific. Health research methodology. A guide for training in research methods. 2nd ed. Manila: WHO, 2001. (link)
General academic writing
* Skills@Library. 2019. Writing skills. Available from: https://library.leeds.ac.uk/info/14011/writing/106/academic_writing
Burnard, P. 2004. Writing skills in health care . Cheltenham: Nelson Thornes.
Gillett, A. 2009. Academic writing: writing paragraphs. Using English for academic purposes: a guide for students in higher education. Available from: http://www.uefap.com/writing/parag/parafram.htm
Morley, J. 2013. Academic phrasebank. University of Manchester. Available from: http://www.phrasebank.manchester.ac.uk/
Williams, D. 2002. Writing skills in practice : a practical guide for health professionals . London: Jessica Kingsley.
* Sandars, J. 2009. The use of reflection in medical education. AMEE Guide No. 44. Medical teacher, 31(8).
Sobral, D.T. 2000. An appraisal of medical students’ reflection-in-learning. Medical education, 34, 182–187.
Tate, S., Sills, M. 2004. The development of critical reflection in the health professions. London: Higher Education Academy, Health Sciences and Practice Subject Centre.
This list was last updated on 07/11/2019