Tutor information is taken from the Module Catalogue
Note: ***strongly recommended for purchase/reading **recommended for purchase/reading *recommended reading
* ICE Manual of Highway Design and Management ( http://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/content/book/101164 ) Available online via Library website.
* DfT/HA Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) CD 109 (Updated Mar 2020) Available online https://www.standardsforhighways.co.uk/prod/attachments/c27c55b7-2dfc-4597-923a-4d1b4bd6c9fa?inline=true
* Institution of Civil Engineers Urban Railways and the Civil Engineer, London, Thomas Telford, 1987.
** Mannering, F.L.; Kilareski, W.P. and Washburn S.S. (2005). Principles of highway engineering and traffic analysis, 3rd Edition, Wiley. ISBN 0471661562
Pearson, Derek (2011) Deterioration and Maintenance of Pavements.
* Profillidis (2006), Railway management and engineering, 3rd Edition. Ashgate
** Slinn, M., Matthews, P. and Guest, P., Traffic Engineering Design Principles and Practice, Arnold, 1998.
* SWOV Institute for Road Safety Research, Netherlands (2006) Advancing Sustainable Safety. Available online at http://www.swov.nl/rapport/DMDV/Advancing_Sustainable_Safety.pdf
** TCRP (2003) Report 100: Transit capacity and quality of service manual, 2nd Edition. TRB, Washington. Available online: http://www.tcrponline.org/bin/search.pl? keyword=r-100 - students need to register with TCRP for free
*Uren, J. & Price, W. F. Surveying for Engineers, London, MacMillan, 1985
*** Vuchic (2007), Urban transit systems and technology. Wiley
** Wright, P.H. & Dixon K.K, (2004). Highway Engineering, 7th Edition. Wiley. ISBN 0471452580
This list was last updated on 23/09/2021