Tutor information is taken from the Module Catalogue
In addition to the lectures there are some key textbooks for the module. These will provide more detail of the subjects and issues covered as well as providing additional material that will be useful for coursework assignments and timed assessments.
- Abel, P.D. (1996) 2nd Ed. Water Pollution Biology. Taylor and Francis Ltd.
- Gray, N.F. (1999) 1st Ed. Water Technology: An Introduction for Environmental Scientists and Engineers. Arnold.
- Holden J. (Editor) 1st Ed. (2014). Water Resources: An Integrated Approach. Routledge.
- Mason, C.F (2002). 4th Ed. Biology of Freshwater Pollution. Prentice-Hall.
See handbook for breakdown of relevant chapters and topics
There are multiple copies of each of the editions of the Mason book in the library. Apart from some minor editorial changes the content is satisfactory in editions 3 and 4. Additional papers are also referred to in lectures. When reading try not to get bogged down in detail. Look for alternative opinions and consolidate on lecture material.
- Appelo, C.A.J. and Postma, D. Geochemistry, Groundwater and Pollution 1996. Balkema.
- Berner, R.A. and Berner, E.K. The Global Water Cycle: Geochemistry and Environments, Prentice-Hall, 1987.
- Domenico, P. and Schwartz, F. Physical and Chemical Hydrogeology, Second Edition, 1997. John Wiley and Sons.
- Drever, J.I.. The Geochemistry of Natural Waters, Third Edition, Prentice-Hall, 1997.
- Price, M Introducing Groundwater, 1996,.Chapman and Hall.
- Younger, P.L. Banwart, S. A. and Hedin, R.S. 2002 Mine Water: Hydrology, Pollution, Remediation. Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Goudie, A. The Human Impact on the Natural Environment, 2006.
- Petts, J., Cairney, T. and Smith, M. Risk-based Contaminated Land Investigation and Assessment. Wiley, 1997.*
*Copies of the relevant chapters are available for loan in the Kennedy Library.
This list was last updated on 02/11/2021